I"M MULTI-ETHNIC

I’m Multi-Ethnic

 

I’m not white enough

I’m not Japanese enough

I’m not Cherokee enough

I’m not English enough

I’m not Irish enough

I’m not Scottish enough

I don’t fit in

We talk of equality

But what about me?

What about the one who’s ethnically mixed

I’m a mutt

I’m a ghost

I’m told to Just accept it

So, what’s going on?

What’s the real truth?

We talk about racial equality

There are no equals here

I grew up in fear

Never knowing when I was going to get beaten on, attacked, insulted, or bullied

Who did I have to go to for support and solace?

I had no community because I’m not 

White enough

Japanese enough

Indian enough

English enough

Irish enough

Scottish enough

Who was and is there for me?

Nary did it happen, and it was out of pity

I don’t want to be pitied

I want to be accepted as I am with all of my ethnicities

Here I am in life still dealing with all of this

The message I hear is we want to have racial equality

Racial equality is

If you’re White, you want to be treated equal

If you’re Black, you want to be treated equal

If you’re Japanese, you want to be treated equal

If you’re Indian, you want to be treated equal

If you’re English, you want to be treated equal

If you’re Irish, you want to be treated equal

If you’re Scottish, you want to be treated equal

What about us created through intermarriages?

 

What I constantly heard and hear from time to time

 

Half breed

Hafu

Banana

Apple

Mutt

Jap
Nip

Gook

Exotic

 

You speak English very well; you should be proud of yourself.

 

When they can’t figure it out, you are asked,

Where are you from?

When the real question is, “what ethnicity are you?”

 

“Who hired that Asian with the coke nail?”

 

Let’s be real

Discrimination is across all races

Locally

Nationally

Globally

 

We talk about global unity 

We are all one

Really?

The programming is a lie

If you aren’t French in France forget about getting a job

You aren’t true Japanese

The same goes in many countries

 

Do you know what it’s like to live in fear?

To not to know what to expect in the environment you are in?

To keep your mouth shut?

To blend in?

To make yourself the smallest target though you stand out?

To be a ghost?

To live with discrimination

 

 

 

Ask yourself this?

 

Can you accept and support your son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter to intermarry?

If you pause, then in my eyes you are a racist.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WE THE PEOPLE

THIS IS MY TRUTH